Wednesday, August 11, 2010

2nd Grade Messenger Bag
















Emma has been begging me to make her a new schoolbag this year. I guess the trusty LL Bean backpack just isn't cool anymore. So this morning I finally took the time to whip up this messenger bag for her. It's quite big for my petite 7 year old, but it will definitely hold her folders, lunchbag and library books. As I got started she informed me that it needed a heart-shaped pocket with her name on it. We compromised with the letter "E" in purple fuzzy leopard print. The outer bag is a home decor canvas and the lining is flannel. I also used interfacing as well as a thin layer of batting for stability. The strap is adjustable with 2 "square" rings. I am quite proud of this and may already have a request for 2 more for a friend's daughters. Woohoo!!!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous messenger bag!! xx i havent made a bag yet... only quilts but i MUST someday soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rebecca! Bags are my forte, but I do enjoy making a quick quilt.

    ReplyDelete