Saturday, May 21, 2011

Rain, Rain, Go Away.....

It's official. We have had a full week with absolutely NO SUN here in Maine. It's driving me nuts. This is the time of year when I enjoy sitting out on the swing reading books and sewing magazines, listening to the birds, and enjoying (and sneezing at) all the new signs of life amongst the trees and gardens. Each year I add to my little piece of paradise (my approx. 3x8 foot garden) and I love seeing all my annuals come back bigger and better than the year before (especially my crimson colored lilies ;). Right now, as I look out the front door, this is what I see:


Notice all the mud puddles (and my cute kids walking down the driveway. The weather does not stop them from playing outside).
However, things are blooming! And with a little sun, hopefully tomorrow, I will have a rainbow of color in my front yard once again. Keeping my fingers crossed...




No comments:

Post a Comment