Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Yoga Mat Bags


Back in May I started taking yoga classes again. For Mother's Day Bobby & the kids got me a new yoga mat, so of course I needed a bag for it. My prototype was the blue Amy Butler fabric with the flowers. I loved it! I knew that I had to eventually make more of these to sell, hopefully at the yoga studio.
Since I have yet to make enough to sell, I figured I had better get working on my actual pattern and dimensions. The original is lacking a carrying strap. Also, the bottom needed a little more reinforcement.
Today I decided it was time to make another. This new one would be for my neighbor, Jeanne. I found a piece of fabric from JoAnn's with apples and pears and found it to be perfect. So I made the appropriate changes and gave it to her this morning. She instantly put her mat in it and had her granddaughter (my surrogate niece) model it for me. I think I'll be making lots more of these in the near future.
I'll be happy to take orders....

No comments:

Post a Comment