Monday, April 4, 2011

Chrysalis Quilt Part 1

Saturday, I had the good fortune of being alone from about 3pm until 11:30pm. Bobby was working and the kids were off at sleepovers (one with a friend, the other with Gramma & Pa). So I sewed! I finished some baby shower gifts for a cousin (to be posted next week, just in case) and I finally started a new quilt. I bought these charm squares a few weeks ago and got some Kona Bone to accent them. I knew I wanted a lot of white space to accentuate the Chrysalis fabrics, so I went with a wonky log cabin style. At first, I thought I was being silly by using so many pieces of the white fabric instead of just 1 wide strip on each side. That certainly would have been quicker. However, I kinda like the look of the seams showing through. I think it adds dimension. I plan on using all 42 charm quares, each in its own 12" square, to make a twin sized quilt. I really like the idea of having quilts available throughout my home for us to randomly use whenever we want, either on the couch for snuggling or on our beds for extra warmth. Now the dog will be able to have all the fleecey throws for herself!

No comments:

Post a Comment