Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Confessions of a Sometimes Blogger

I'm thinking of adding that post title to my byline. "Confessions of a Sometimes Blogger" seems like the perfect blog name for someone like me. I rarely blog these days. Not sure why. I spend hours on end reading other sewing blogs. Maybe, since I spend so much time looking for inspiration and so little time actually sewing, I have nothing to blog about. Well that's not true. Maybe. I haven't been sewing lately (CTR Surgery, you know) so I have no pretty pictures to post of my fabric goodness. However, I have taken pictures. And I have been living my life. This morning I read a post by Rachel at http://www.stitchedincolor.com/2011/04/there-are-things-i-dont-say.html. I read all 308 comments prior to mine. I realize that I am not alone in this weird blogosphere. I have confessions to make. I feel inadequate in my sewing abilities. I'm afraid to sell what I make because they don't live up to the big-name bloggers'/sewists' works. I shop at JoAnn's and Wal-Mart instead of my Local Quilt Shop because I am poor. And also, because I like the fabric at JoAnn's and WM just fine. I have bad days in my life. A lot. Sometimes I wish things were different. Then I reflect on that wish and realize that I like what I have. Of course I want more, but don't we all? I secretly wish that I had a ton of blog followers, and published works, and a book contract, and sponsors to send me free fabric. But is that what blogging is all about? I'm starting to realize that I have a blog for my own sake. It's a journal of MY things that I have made. If people care to read it, great! If not, oh well. Is it really that important in the grand scheme of things? Probably not. If you're reading this, THANK YOU! It means a lot. And if you're not reading this, then I guess I'll never know and it's no skin off my back, is it now?
Oh, and since blog posts always have pictures, here's a picture for you:


My family: It's what I work on every day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment