Wednesday, April 6, 2011

WIP Wednesday and Chrysalis Quilt Part Deux

A few days ago I posted about this quilt, which I started on Saturday with Moda's Chrysalis by Sanae charm squares and some Kona Bone. Yesterday I worked on it a little more. I have 2 of 7 rows complete. I used my handy dandy JoAnns coupons today to get more thread, Kona Bone, and Warm & Natural batting. I don't plan on finishing it entirely for a few weeks due to my carpal tunnel surgery next Monday, but I still have 4 days to get the top done. I also need to figure out what I want to do for the back. I know I want it pieced, but just not sure how to do it yet.
I also finished up a few baby items for my cousin's shower (I seriously hope she doesn't read my blog). It's a boy so I hope she likes these Debbie Mumm fabrics. Sorry for the horrible pictures. I have a very tiny house and horrible lighting so it's impossible to get a good indoors shot. And outside, with all the mud, well, we just won't talk about that. Happy Wednesday!!

3 comments:

  1. Those little boy items are sweet and the fabrics are great. I can't imagine her not liking them! I see your "About Me" says you are in Bath, Maine. I'm in New Brunswick and we head down your way every summer. I love, love, love southern Maine. I also love shopping at Marden's in Maine for fabulous fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilt - good luck with your surgery - hope you're back to sewing again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the wonky blocks - using multiple strips of the bone was definitely a good idea!

    ReplyDelete