Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Matching Bag

Some women dream of owning a Coach bag. Many women make that dream a reality. (My friend's 5 year old daughter has been saving for one since she was 2.) Others may prefer Vera Bradley, or Dooney & Burke. Me? I prefer a good old Crimson Lily Bag.

You may remember that cute little zippered pouch I made for myself last week. Well, I've had this cute Moda fabric for a while now and it's been waiting for me to make it into a bag. So I did.
Last week I pulled out my sometimes-trusty walking foot and quilted the outer bag pieces in the style of one of my fave bloggers from Film in the Fridge. I then made one pleat in the center top of each.Today I decided it was time to turn this baby into something cool. I used some vintagey fabric that I think belonged to my great-grandmother for the lining, added inside pockets and a zipper, as well as hot pink leather-like handles and a key/wallet clip. Also, instead of doing the usual squared bottom, I sewed a crescent shape on each bottom corner for a funky look. It also helps it stand a little better and poofs out more.
I am so excited for this bag! I'm not usually a big bag kinda gal, but I was inspired by, you guessed it, a Coach bag...

No comments:

Post a Comment